Friday, March 20, 2009

First Snow--Painting #2


Sometimes a place inspires you to paint with more expression than others. There is a library of memories that play in your head. You are there with the feel of the season and time and place. The brush marks symbolize the arch of branches that form a familiar canopy of trees in summer. Such is the love of This Place. Each of the elements are parts of a bigger whole. If I were a singer, instead of a painter, I would have sang this ever so sweetly...

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to comment on how must I enjoy your painting & comments. Your paintings are great and your comments add a level of texture to the experience. I look forward to your weekly additions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharell, Your paintings AND writing take me back to ol' Minnesota! How sweet you paint and write about my memories. I like to look at your art so much, but glad I'm in California looking back and not feeling winter's bite! I so love your doing this!
    With joy,
    Cousin Kay

    ReplyDelete