Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Lightness of Being 1

Oblivious

How easily
We divide and conquer the hours,
Relegating and naming them:
This, as important...that, as unimportant,
This, for the body...that, for the soul,
Believing
We have somehow become
Wise,
Self-disciplined,
Masters of our lives.

But surprisingly, at the far end
Of a long life's march,
We begin to long once more
For the days when
Time was a river, and we
But a small and insignificant leaf
Afloat on its surface,
Oblivious to all
But the flow and touch
Of the water.

Copyright  Sharon K Sheppard

I thought Sharon's poem and my painting would make a good pairing. Relax, let your head roll back, close your eyes and think of floating on water....(not of multi-tasking)....Um-m-m-m-m...

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I knew you could paint - but what a drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tom! I am honored that you would bestow such a fine compliment on a mere waterfowl. I am into this bird thing now, so I really appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete