Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tonalism



Our world is such a wonderful spring green right now. Here is a reminder of what it looked like on Easter weekend just three weeks ago! I was excited to paint the brown tonal quality of the landscape, but wasn't ready for the shapeless bales that have been munched on all winter by my brother's horses. After 4 hours of working the bales, I finally painted from memory and achieved a believable rendition of their shape and  perspective in a gently rolling landscape.

Next week, May 1 & 2, I am having an Art Show Open House, that was suggested by friends who follow this blog. They wanted to see paint on canvas, instead of digital bits. I am grateful to all who are interested in seeing the results of my years of practice and what I think about. This painting thing is involuntary. I must paint to live, like all painters, whether or not anyone else pays attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment